Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit our Site and are used to make the users experience more efficient. We are able to store cookies on your computer where they are necessary for the operation of the Site however, for non-essential cookies we need your permission.
‘Session’ and ‘Persistent’ Cookies
‘Session cookies’ allow us to track your actions during a single browsing session, but they do not remain on your device afterwards.
‘Persistent cookies’ remain on your device between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We can also use them to balance the load on our servers and improve your experience on our Site.
Session and persistent cookies can be either first or third party cookies. A first-party cookie is set by the website being visited; a third-party cookie is set by a different website. Both types of cookie may be used by us or our business partners.
Third Party Cookies we may use include:
- Google Analytics – this is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The cookies used by Google Analytics help us to analyse how users use our website and to count the number of people who use it. Google Analytics stores your IP address anonymously. Google does not associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information
- Facebook Ads – these cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. This data is collected anonymously and is used to help improve our website’s functionality
- Google Ad Words – these cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. This data is collected anonymously, to help make our marketing communications more relevant, and is used to improve our website’s functionality
All our cookies are categorised by the role they fulfil on our website:
- Strictly Necessary: these are essential to enable you to move around our website and use features such as secure services, shopping carts and e-billing services. Without these cookies such services could not be provided;
- Functionality: allows us to remember your choices and to personalise certain features (such as greet you by name, select your choice of language or region etc.). These cookies may be anonymised and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites;
- Performance: collect information as to how users use our website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor, but they do allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website, and to see how visitors move around our website. The information collected is aggregated and used to improve our website; and
- Targeting: record your visit to our website, the pages you visited and the links you clicked on. We use this data to make our website, and any advertising contained within, more relevant to you. We may provide this information to third parties.
- None of the cookies employed are classified as behavioural targeting.
If at any time you wish to disable our cookies, you may do so through the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable or delete our cookies that will prevent certain important areas and features of our service from functioning properly. (but if you do so you will not be able to use certain important features of our service). You can find additional information here at the UK GOV website.